Sign up to receive my posts in your inbox. Daily fart jokes abound!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

If you're in the market for a Crock pot, buy a Rival

I have a Rival crockpot that I bought in April 2009.  The handle on the lid has broken on it twice; whether or not it was user-error can't be confirmed....

I love my crockpot with a love that might be classified as an obsession.  If my apartment were on fire and Troy and Jack were in the car, I would grab my crockpot and my Kitchen Aid mixer.  I told you it was an obsessive love.

I emailed the company recently to ask if they could send a replacement handle for the lid.  Currently we use a butter knife to lift the lid while grabbing the hot glass with an oven mitt.  Not a sustainable cooking practice.

I received an email today that they are shipping me a brand spanking new crockpot valued at $60.  I bought mine on sale for $30.

That my friends, is customer service!  So for that, I give major kudos to Rival brand products.

3 comments:

  1. Uh I have been using my crockpot without the lid handle for 2 years, we use vicegrips, never even thought of asking for a replacement part. Doubt if I emailed them now that they would send me a new crockpot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Thanks to you I have been using the crockpot more. Just made a pork loin and basted it with some of your apple butter. It was delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful. I often see orphan Crockpot lids at our local GoodWill thrift store. If you have a thrift store nearby, you could stock up on a new lid if you see one!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me more excited than Jessie Spano on caffeine pills!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...