Let's get RAW!

Raw milk that is.  What did you expect? 

I've been buying raw milk for the last 9-10 months because I love supporting local business, and it makes the best yogurt you can find this side of um, Yogurtville, SC.  It also was costing $10 a gallon.  Yeesh.  And it came in plastic jugs.

I was at the farmer's market a few weeks ago, and one of the vendors had a flyer for raw milk sales that his neighbor was offering.  I grabbed one and promptly forgot about it until last week.  I called the farm, and was informed that milk came in glass jars and was $7 a gallon.   And they don't use hormones on their animals.  I headed to the farm on Sunday, and within 2 feet of my Subaru Outback's (hippy mobile) wheels hitting the driveway, I was in love.

The farmhouse is ADORABLE and surrounded by a lovely garden and fruit trees.  The barn is quissential "farm barn", and the cow who provides the milk is waiting by the fence with her calf.
I've named her Buttercup.
You walk in to the self service "store", and I shit you not, the cash register is a calculator and a mason jar full of cash.  The sign next to the jar says "please make change in the jar if you need it".  Don't believe me?  Proof!
My creepy Angelina Jolie hands are hiding the name of the farm.  And I wanted to show off my Finding Nemo bandaid.
After I got my milk, I gave the cow one last nose scratch, and headed to my car.  There, I found a cat sitting on my car; almost like he was checking in to see how my service was, and would I like to take a satisfaction survey.  I tried to get a photo, but the second I put my milk down to try and get my camera, he jumped off the car and made a beeline for the milk.  Drat.

With my new-found treasures safely tucked in (I let Jack ride in the trunk...*), I headed for home knowing that I would be back.
*Jack was home with Troy.  NOT in the trunk.