Asian snap peas - 5 minute veggie side

During the spring, when my peas are growing, this is my second favorite way to enjoy our harvest.  My first favorite way is to eat them is by the fistful while standing in the garden.

This dish is a snap (pea) to make, and the flavors make my mouth happy.

Asian Snap Peas
Pea pods (snow or snap)
1 tblsp soy sauce
1.5 tsp toasted sesame oil
sesame seeds

1) In a pot fitted with a steamer, add about 1 inch of water.  Bring to a boil.  Add the peas.  Put the lid on, and let them steam for about 2 minutes.


2) Use the handle of a wooden spoon to pick the steamer out of the pot, and dump the water.  Put the peas back in the pot.  I don't have a photo of this since it was boiling water and I didn't want to die.

3) Add the soy sauce, and sesame oil to the pot.  Stir gently to combine.  Sprinkle on sesame seeds.  Personally, I adore sesame seeds and likely put over a tablespoon on, but "season" to your preference.
We put these in a bowl in the middle of the table, and just grab them throughout dinner.  I love the flavor, the crunch, and the ease of putting the dish together.

Pin It

Labels: