Meal plan for March 11th - 17th

Before I forget, Mitchell over at The Homegrown Collective is offering a 5% discount for Frugal by Choice readers for the March box.  Please enter the code FRUGAL5 when purchasing.

Jack has now been pain med-free for 72 hours!  He has finally slept through the night once.  His biggest complaint these days is a rash behind his knee that is courtesy of the antibiotics they put him one.  I can't wait until those are done - two more days.

Snoring gone.  Energy returned.  100% and perhaps more.  So, that theory is now out the window.  Le sigh.

During Jack's recovery, we were visited by the neighborhood wild peacocks for an entire afternoon.  The show was beautiful, but the stinkers crapped all over my deck.  ALL over my deck.


Notice Jack is sticking his tongue out at the peacock?
During a landscaping project this weekend, I dug up some random overwintered carrots.  Jack and Troy spent about 20 minutes hosing it off.  The carrot looked like a dude, and Jack said he wanted to "hit him in the wee wee".  Charmed

After last week's fridge disaster, I realized how full our downstairs freezer was.  Full of random odds and ends.  I vowed that this week would be the week of the freezer!  Reminder, I only plan dinners, because breakfast is always smoothies or eggs with something, and lunches are always leftovers.  We rarely eat dessert during the week, and our dinner drink of choice is water kefir soda.

Monday:: Lasagna.  Frozen sauce, frozen browned ground pork from our local butcher.  Noodles from the pantry.  Served with salad.

Tuesday:: Chicken tortilla soup from the freezer and edamame.

Wednesday:: Frozen pizza from the freezer, and salad.

Thursday:: Dinner at my in-laws. 

Friday:: Popcorn dinner.  Yes, seriously we eat popcorn for dinner.  It's popcorn, leftovers, cheese slices, fruit, and cut up veggies.  Everyone gets as much as they want, and no one leaves hungry.  I adore Fridays because it is the easiest night of the week for making everyone happy!

Saturday:: I'm winging it.  We'll just wait and see.  It might even be popcorn again.  Go me.

Sunday:: Family dinner at my parent's.

This week I spent $25 at the grocery store, and $7 on raw milk (to make the ricotta for the lasagna).  I'll need to go back to the store later today to get some ricotta.  I made the ricotta the same way I always do, and yet I got about 1/3 the normal yield.  Boo.

What is on the menu at your house this week?

Labels: