Meal plan for March 25th - March 31st

This week, we got the book "What Do People Do All Day" from the library.  It is by Richard Scarry, so it is approximate 439 pages, and has tons of questions in it.  And Gold Bug.  You can't forget Gold Bug.

In the book, there is the question "what does your daddy do"?  Jack responded "fights fires"!  When it came to "what does your mommy do", Jack responded "cleans the kitchen".

Ahem

I was tempted to climb up on my high horse and give him a speech about how I actually do fucking everything (I wouldn't have said the "f" word of course), AND go to work, AND make 75% of the income, AND provide all the health insurance, retirement, etc., etc,. to his ungrateful ass (who was eating a homemade popsicle at the time thankyouverymuch).  But I didn't.

I realized he was right.

I do spend a lot of time cleaning the kitchen.

So now?

Now, Jack has the nightly chore of sweeping the kitchen floor after dinner and before bath.

Suck it Richard Scarry.  Vengeance is mine.

Saturday night, my nephew spent the night.  It was a gorgeous Seattle day, so naturally we headed to the beach to try to wear out the boys enjoy the beautiful day.  Troy found some fishing line twisted around some driftwood, and made each boy a driftwood fishing pole.

After one of the boys peed all over the floor (hint: his name isn't Jack), I packed them both in to the tub.  Jack decided that each boy should show his "most evil angry face".

Jack's evil and angry face.

My adorable nephew's evil and angry face.

Bad guys, beware.

In other news, we got our first power bill since Colette (our new fridge) joined the family.  We got her on the first or second of the month, and had the TV going all the time during Jack's recovery.  Guess what?  Just got our first bill, and it was $20 cheaper.  YES!!!

Meal plan time!  Reminder, I only plan dinners, because breakfast is always smoothies or eggs with something, and lunches are always leftovers.  We rarely eat dessert during the week, and our dinner drink of choice is water kefir soda.

You'll notice a repeat on the menu this week - salmon cakes.  That is because Troy had a day off this week and I asked him so kindly to please pick up green onions and regular onion on the way home from work.  And also to pull out the root ball of a bush that I hacked down.

Jack and I got home and found that approximately 100% of those requests had been forgotten.  And without green onions and onions, I couldn't make the salmon cakes.  Thankfully I whipped together some tomato soup (canned from last summer's garden), garlic bread, and salad.  All while shooting daggers from my eyes at Troy who was cowering in fear.

That night I had the urge to make brownies and just eat the batter.  Then my face broke out.  Then I looked at the calendar.  Oh...right.

Monday:: Leftovers from the early Easter we're having at my parent's today.


Tuesday::
Peanut chicken satay skewers, rice, and broiled asparagus (recipe coming soon).

Wednesday:: Salmon cakes, cabbage thing (but with a kale, cabbage, brussels sprout mix that I get at Costco), and onion rings.

Thursday:: Dinner at my in-laws

Friday:: Popcorn dinner.  Yes, seriously we eat popcorn for dinner.  It's popcorn, leftovers, cheese slices, fruit, and cut up veggies.  Everyone gets as much as they want, and no one leaves hungry.  I adore Fridays because it is the easiest night of the week for making everyone happy!

Saturday:: Playing this one by ear.

Sunday:: Easter breakfast at church, then Easter candy at my aunt-in-law's, then Easter dinner there as well.  We will never desire food again.  Dinner is not scheduled.

This week I spent $8.50 at our local farm for raw milk and eggs, $44 at Costco (I really needed cheese, which ate up my budget), and $32 at the grocery store.

What are you guys having this week?

PS, our Costco started carrying organic strawberries.  Yes, I know they're trucked in from California, blah, blah, blah.  I'm not made of stone.

Labels: